I'm Rafael Biriba, a very passionate developer, who loves to learn and create new stuff, even in my free time. Professionally working with software development since 2008 but my true passion for coding started back them in 2004.
Learn new stuff is never a problem, is the beauty of this area, the power that we have to create, to adapt and to build software that means something, motivated by the challenge of bringing the best experience for the user/customer.
Today, with almost 11 years of experience, planning, developing, delivering and maintaining web application, mainly in Ruby but also familiar with different languages and technologies. During my career, I also had the opportunity to apply the agile methodology and also different development techniques and practices.
My professional experiences include the development of important and big applications with millions of users/requests per day, and this not only includes the code itself but the entire stack setup and technical decisions, which gave to me much learning of the DevOps field, using tools and frameworks to deal with setup, virtualisation and automation of the entire infrastructure.
Currently, as a lead developer, I am helping the team in many ways from support, decisions, meetings, planning and technical solutions, always sharing my experiences and listen to others experiences, resulting in many learnings on my daily basis, which is awesome!
Quick Summary and keywords:
- ~11 years of professional software development experiences
- Agile methodology, TDD, Domain-Driven Design (DDD), Object-Oriented (OO) Design, Event-driven architecture (EDA)
- Video processing: encoding, streaming, delivery, Flash Media Server, Wowza, HLS, FFmpeg
- Virtualization and automation: VirtualBox, Docker, Ansible, Amazon AWS
- Server-related: Nginx, cache, automation, monitoring, kibana, newrelic, datadog
- DB related: SQL, NoSql, Mysql, MongoDB, Redis, Postgres, ActiveRecord, Sequel
Some of most importants / recents projects that I participated (architecting, developing and/or maintaining):
This project list may be outdated. You can see the complete list, updated and with more details at my LinkedIn profile
I'm always trying to share my knowledge with the community, be sure to check out some of my Talks and Presentations